Thinking about getting into teaching? Let us tell you why we think that is a GREAT idea…
At Leicestershire Secondary SCITT we support engaging and inspiring individuals like you to begin their journey to become a teacher. Our programme will prepare you for more than your initial training year; it aims to set you up to be a leader in your classroom and beyond.
Teaching makes a difference. Everyone remembers the teacher (or teachers) who changed their lives. The one’s that saw a potential in us we may not have recognised in ourselves. That is what we want to help you become.
Our programme, designed and delivered with our partner schools, means you work and learn alongside teachers to see how they motivate and inspire pupils to offer them exceptional outcomes.
And because we are a school centred provider we know that teaching has good days and challenging days. We are with you every step of the way, and have the expertise to help you develop the knowledge, skills and behaviours that will mean you thrive in a career that really makes a difference for our young people.
Our ambition is to create teachers who:
• are leaders in their classroom and (eventually) beyond
• are excellent subject specialist teachers and members of subject communities
• are research-informed professionals
• reflect on their teaching in order to continue to improve and thrive
• have the resilience to remain in the classroom
• are a positive impact on the teacher community
Our SCITT recognises that we offer trainees their initial year of teacher education. We have designed our programme and curriculum to reflect that you begin as a novice to teaching, but also with the ambition to create a model of professional learning that will remain with you throughout your careers, as you grow into experts. This is rooted in our research-informed approach.
On our programme you will receive…
• professional learning sessions on evidence-informed practice delivered by expert colleagues from schools, school leadership, national leads and academics
• a dedicated Lead Subject Tutor to develop you as a subject expert
• PGCE qualification with Qualified Teacher Status
• 60 masters-level credits which you can use towards a masters qualification
• be qualified to teach 11-18 (Key Stages 3-5)
• complete two extended secondary school placements
• complete a week-long SEND placement
• complete placements in primary and sixth form
• have professional learning and PGCE sessions throughout the year
Art & Design
Modern Foreign Language (MFL)
Physical Education (including PE with EBacc)
We offer training via the School Direct Salaried route. Get in touch to discuss.
Equality and Diversity
We are committed to supporting individuals from across our diverse community to get into teaching and have extensive experience providing support to get into teaching no matter what your background. If you are considering a change in career, are disabled, have a mental health condition or educational needs get in touch to talk through how we can support you on your journey into teaching.
Leicestershire Secondary SCITT is committed to safer recruitment. We will evaluate your suitability to work with children and young people throughout the application and interview stages. This will include a range of safeguarding checks, including an enhanced DBS check. If you have spend time oversees we will also ask for you to provide evidence of good conduct.